Updated on October 26, 2023
Scheduling customer calls can be daunting. If your meeting scheduling flow has a thank you page with the text “Our sales rep will reach out to you shortly” and is largely manual with SDRs steering every stage, it can slow the sales pipeline.
But choosing the right SaaS scheduling software will give your sales the much-needed discipline and flexibility to manage your all your meeting booking and calendar use cases:
- Letting qualified inbound leads schedule meetings instantly after form-fill
- Automate meeting assignment to the right SDR or AE based prospect credentials
- Create handoff workflows between SDRs, AEs, and implementation specialists.
- Embed meeting links to nurture emails and ad campaigns for a 1-click demo booking experience
With that in my mind, let’s talk about the top SaaS scheduling software in the market you should be on the lookout for in 2023. We’ll go through their functionalities, automations, and integrations that make your pipeline a treasure trove of qualified prospects.
10 Best SaaS Scheduling Software you should evaluate in 2023
RevenueHero is a sales pipeline acceleration platform designed for GTM teams to book more qualified meetings, instantly qualify, and distribute meetings across the entire funnel. It acts right at the nexus of sales and marketing to provide buyers a meeting demo booking experience right after a form-fill.
RevenueHero provides powerful tools for custom meeting distribution, personalized templates with personal meeting links, and routing workflows. RevenueHero also offers detailed reports on your pipeline to get deep analysis into meeting drop-offs, SDR quotas,
You can also automatically update meeting details on your CRM, without having to shuttle between RevenueHero and your sales suite and manually fill in.
- Personal meeting links and 1-click booking links
- Customizable meeting widgets and scheduling pages
- Instant lead qualification and scheduling right on the website, live chat, in-app, email sequences, or on outbound campaigns
- Round robin distribution – strict,flexible, or weighted
- Brand new: SDR-to-AE meeting handoff with Relays
- Lead-to-account matching and 1-click CRM sync for meetings
- Rescheduling workflows and notifications
- Native form enrichment
- Deep funnel-level analytics
- Inbound Essentials: $25/user/month, $79/month platform fee
- Outbound Essentials: $20/user/month, no platform fee
- GTM Enterprise: $39/user/month, $69/month platform fee
- Google Calendar/Meet
- Zoho CRM
- And the list goes on…
2. Hubspot Meetings Tool
HubSpot meetings is a free scheduling tool that allows prospects to book meetings with your sales team. While it is not built to be a standalone meeting scheduler, it can be a great fit for teams that have a paid HubSpot account.
Since the tool is connected to your HubSpot contacts database, every time a prospect books a meeting, your lead data grows and stays in sync.
HubSpot Meetings provides a streamlined workflow that keeps everyone up-to-date on important information while also providing an intuitive user experience. If you’re looking for a standalone too built specifically for complex scheduling and routing scenarios, here are 6 alternatives.
Starts from $50/month/2 users with the larger HubSpot paid plans.
- Booking forms and embeddable calendar widget
- Flexible round-robin routing (no strict round-robin)
- Set pre-booking and last-minute booking duration
- HubSpot native integrations
- Gmail and Google Calendar
- Microsoft Teams
Calendly is a scheduling automation tool that’s especially great for 1:1 meeting use cases. But they also provide robust team scheduling solutions for companies scaling their leads.
It allows users to create unlimited one-on-one events, meeting polls, one-off meetings, collective one-offs, group events, and automated event notifications.Workflows range widely from creating meeting pages on Notion to setting up paywalls on Stripe.
Though it may lag behind in inbound functionalities, lead-to-account matching (only domain matching), marketing attribution tracking, or strict round-robin, Calendly makes up for it by expanding its use-cases beyond meeting scheduling.
- Free limited tier
- $10/user/month for small teams
- $16/user/month for larger teams with automation needs.
- Single sign-on
- Personal meeting links (can only be shared, not embedded on emails)
- Co-hosting and team scheduling
- Limited meeting page branding
- Event notifications and reminders
If you're looking for a Calendly alternative for more complex GTM use cases, you can check out this blog.
Over 70 native integrations including:
- Microsoft Teams
4. Chili Piper
Chili Piper is a scheduling platform that helps businesses streamline the lead-to-booking process and improve inbound conversion rates. It is designed for revenue teams with high-volume leads who need automated lead routing and qualification.
With Chili Piper, you can route leads based on account owner, geography, industry, company size, or any other custom assignment rules. It also lets you distribute warm leads to the appropriate rep based on trigger events, such as reaching a lead score threshold or based on field updates in your CRM.
It needs significant developer assistance to customize components to your brand's style. The biggest drawback has to be their pricing. Important features such as handoff, form concierge, and CRM routing are unbundled in different pricing tiers. Not to mention, there’s flag platform fee. The tiered platform fee is dicey because it’s based on form-submits and not actual conversions.
Despite Chili Piper’s drawbacks like long widget loading time, basic account matching, and non-availability of strict round-robin, it's still sought after for its solid scheduling platform.
- Instant Booker: Starts at $15/user/month
- Handoff: Starts at $25/user/month
- Form Concierge: Starts at $30 + tiered platform fee based on number of form-fills
- Distro: Starts at $45 per user per month
Here are 10 Chili Piper alternatives you can consider if their unbundled features, hidden pricing, and platform limitations are a deal-breaker for you.
- Group meeting links
- Live concierge to talk to reps after form submission
- Customized email and SMS reminds
- No-show and cancellation management
- Browser extension for meetings
- Google Calendar
- Microsoft Office
Bookafy is a cloud-based appointment scheduling and booking software designed for managing customer appointments.
The platform also offers features such as custom booking forms, automated SMS reminders, payment integration, reporting and analytics, multi-user management, online payments, and more.
Bookafy helps streamline the appointment booking process and makes it easier for businesses to manage their appointment calendars without having to answer calls or emails manually.
- Pro: $9/user/month
- Pro+: $13/user/month
- Staff log-in
- Online booking
- Real-time notifications
- Automated SMS reminders
- Custom booking forms
- Appointment limits
- Google Calendar
Setmore is an online appointment scheduling software that simplifies the tedious task of organizing and managing bookings, payments, customer records, and more.
With its intuitive drag-and-drop calendar feature, users can easily add staff members, services, locations, and quickly view an entire month’s schedule in a single glance.
The platform also allows businesses to customize their branded booking page with features such as customer appointment reminders, resource management for staff members, and automated payment processing.
- Free tier
- Pro & Team: $5/user/month
- Branded booking page
- Drag-and-drop calendar
- Appointment reminders for customers
- Display customer reviews
- Meeting buffer time
- Google Calendar
Appointy is an all-in-one business management tool with a special focus on appointments to help small businesses and professionals streamline their operations. Their USP however, is catering to various industries outside the purview of SaaS – health and wellness, fitness, education, beauty, retail stores, medical, etc.
From appointment scheduling to invoicing, payments, and online booking services, Appointy has it all covered. Its automated system helps businesses save time on administrative tasks and spend more time engaging with customers.
With its comprehensive suite of features, Appointy is the perfect solution for busy entrepreneurs who want to manage their business operations more effectively.
- Free tier
- Growth: $19.99/month
- Professional: $49.99/month
- Enterprise: $79.99/month
- Appointment scheduling
- Online and on-premise booking
- Invoice processing and payments
- Online booking services
- SMS text configuration
- Meta for Business
- Reserve with Google
Nylas is a scheduling solution that allows developers to add full calendar functionality to their applications and enable users to create highly customizable scheduling pages. It offers robust customization options, including the ability to update company logos, event duration, time zone, theme colors, and more.
Nylas is built to be scalable and can handle increased appointment volume and user base, ensuring a smooth and reliable scheduling experience.
The platform also provides features such as cloud search and message threading so users can easily find conversations and tasks. Furthermore, Nylas offers powerful automation tools that can help save time on manual tasks such as scheduling meetings, responding to leads, and more. Finally, its intuitive dashboard makes it easy for users to manage contacts, emails, and events in a single view – providing a comprehensive overview of their communication activities.
Request quote – no open pricing.
- Synchronize emails, calendars, and contacts
- Automate meeting outreach
- Meeting-embedded emails
- Single API for instant scheduling from any calendar
- Customized scheduling and routing workflows
- G Suite
- Microsoft Office
- API for email, calendar, contacts, and scheduler
9. Zoho Bookings
Zoho Bookings is an easy-to-use, all-in-one appointment scheduling software with customizable booking pages, payments, and communication functionalities. Zoho Bookings is especially helpful for users and companies who are already on the Zoho suite of products.
From creating professionally branded booking pages to automatically sending confirmation messages and reminders, Zoho Bookings makes it easy for businesses to run their appointment scheduling operations smoothly and efficiently.
Moreover, unique features such as automated billing and payment processing will save you time and money in the long run. Like some of the software mentioned above, Zoho Bookings is a better fit for non-SaaS companies, where scheduling and workflows are a lot less complex.
- Basic: INR 360/user/month
- Premium: INR 540/user/month
- Customizable booking pages
- Accept payments and manage customer data
- Automatic confirmation messages and reminders
- Cancellation workflows to discourage last-minute no-shows
- Online and offline appointment management
- Zoho Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Google Calendar
Creating and maintaining more congruent meetings is easier with OnceHub's innovative journey builder. Users can tailor their experience with OnceHub based on their needs and reach their audiences on their terms.
Users can design unique journeys for everyone they meet with OnceHub, whether it's a meeting planned for now or one scheduled for the future. Moreover, OnceHub offers features such as sharing availability through a booking link, letting the digital assistant handle it, and engaging customers on its website.
By transforming any business interaction into a truly personalized experience, OnceHub ensures that customers remain engaged long after they have left the meeting.
- Free tier
- Growth: $10/seat/month
- Enterprise: Request quote
- Set a daily or weekly meeting schedule
- Decide how many time slots a day will be available
- Making your booking page look and feel like you want
- Choosing whether the guests can book a single session or multiple sessions at once
- Engage prospects to book meetings from your website live chat
- Google Meet
- Microsoft 365
- Google Calendar
How to pick the right SaaS scheduling software and what are their benefits?
The right SaaS scheduling software can provide benefits ranging from improved sales efficiency and scalability to a memorable and frictionless buyer experience. It can help your company optimize GTM strategy, fix the demo request workflow, streamline pipeline management, and accelerate speed-to-lead.
Instant lead qualification
It is unfair to make your prospects wait for 24 to 48 hours for a sales representative to get back to them, especially when they have explicitly expressed interest. Look out for a software that can save SDRs from time-consuming manual qualification.
The ideal SaaS scheduling software should let you process customer data points that are enriched in the back end to instantly qualify prospects after they fill up a meeting or demo form.
Automated lead-to-account matching and routing
Your meeting prospects enter the CRM through multiple sources, and sometimes multiple people from the same company sign up at different times. To ensure that you route them to the right sales representative, you need a SaaS scheduler that uses fuzzy matching algorithms to match the lead to an existing company in our CRM and assign account owners to the prospect.
While lead-to-account matching is an overlay to meeting assignment, routing conditions for meeting distribution are the ones that tie your pipeline and sales quotas together. Look out for conditions based on:
- SDR availability
- Account ownership
- Sales rep proficiency
- Rep availability and workloads
- Strict and flexible round-robin
The scheduler should allow your qualified prospects to instantly schedule meetings the second they hit the submit button on the meeting form. This way, you can display your best reps’ calendar slots right after a demo or meeting request and enhance your buyer experience.
Personal meeting links
Outbound and paid ads are friction-laden when it comes to engaging your leads. When you don’t have the explicit interest of a prospect, your outreach needs to be iron-clad from anything that makes buying complex. Customizable personal meeting links and booking pages will help you stand out in this landscape.
Spendflo, for instance, leveraged RevenueHero’s personal meetings links for instant scheduling. This will help you customize your meeting booking page according to the prospects’ problem areas and personalize ABM campaigns with the right messaging.
Take care of your scheduling needs, but not just that…
Deciding on the right SaaS scheduling software purely based on their booking and calendaring functionalities might bite back later.
Today, the buying journey and process have changed. Your buyers have more information about you at their disposal even before they talk to your sales reps. If you aren't creating an efficient way for a lead to book meetings with you at the moment where they really cared about the problem, even though it was a qualified lead, you’d lose the lead altogether.
Ensure you have the right systems in place to capture your prospects’ interests instantly on your website, in-app, outbound sequences, and even your marketing nurture campaigns.
Once you set the right expectations internally with all your sales and marketing stakeholders:
- Ensure that your internal processes can easily get along with the tool’s lead assignment features.
- Look out for deep GTM analytics in the scheduling software to help you put a finger on which stage the pipeline is leaky and why drop-offs are happening – both at a strategic level and team level.
- Automate the updates of meeting details and other lifecycle management changes to help your reps focus more on selling.
- Deploy a scheduling software that offers a 1-click, 2-way sync with your CRM to avoid any data mismatch or lost information.
- Reduce developer dependency as much as possible. Complexities in scheduling page customizations and reporting dashboards can be a reflection of the poor buyer experience that the tool offers. If your marketers and sales reps cannot work on the tool with full autonomy and understand, look the other way.